Tuesday, January 15, 2013

More graphics. New script ideas

One more graphic I made on the run for DEVELOPMENT HELL. Going to try to post these around places...somewhere....to try to push my script. Not fully counting on the competitions this year.




The gas mas image is a representation of one of the central evil characters in the script "The First Created".


Also revised the other two I did yesterday, slightly.


The blood red sky over the Hollywood sign, kind of paints the theme, and is very visual of the ending!





The retro computer is a central prop used through out the script. I love retro tech....and with several horror / sci fi movies having a retro look and feel in 2012, it felt OK to do this.

I've decided on at least two competitions /  festivals this year. Eerie Horror Fest and something called Shockfest. May not do the two I entered last year. One of them I know I don't stand a chance on (it's one of the biggest) and I'm not too sure on the other one yet.

I'm slightly afraid of what people will think. It's a very bitter, weird and strange story. It's very anti Hollywood in it's theme (although that does not reflect my entire attitude towards Hollywood) and the ending is a real downer....

I made kind of a ballsy move with the ending, and did something that one probably really should not do in a screenplay. I find it depressing as hell...just the way I like my life I guess.

On the flip side, I hope to attract attention. It has two very strong and intelligent female characters, who happen to be in a same sex relationship. Now I know a lot of people are saying that this is a guy writing out some sick fantasy. Wrong. There is not even a hint of sexual content in this script. I made them this way, just because I wanted to. I wanted to break stereotypes. Why can't a couple be gay in a horror movie without it being a political statement (although I do feel same sex marriage should be a right). It's no different then how I try not to play the minority stereotype game either.  I believe in giving all types of people a spotlight in my stories. The next one I'm working on (maybe) is mostly hetro-sexual college kids, but I'm sure I will find a way to sneak something fresh in it.

It's probably gonna: piss people off, make them not want to read my stuff ever again, have them think I have issues ( and I do), or just get them very bummed out. And angry with my choice of sexual orientation in the script. We'll see just how liberal filmmakers and writers / readers really are......

Thinking of developing a couple (gasp, ready for this) more comedic ideas. Still horror. Still gory. But a bit on the lighter side.

I'm in the long process of researching these two ideas to make sure they have not been done exactly the way I want to. I hope not. They are kind of my way of paying tribute to the movies I grew up with in the70's and 80's. But I would be no where near ready to write them. I'm polishing up a short script and working on two other features.


OK...that was fun typing to myself. Since no one reads this crap, I'm gonna post it and go read it myself...then let it sit and fester with scurvy.

No comments:

Post a Comment